Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Time to Read, A Time to Nap

So it's Tuesday, and that means I'm supposed to write about something on my to-do list.

May I add, "Take a nap" to that list?  If so, that is what I want to write about! So I will.

The change of seasons, late nights of baseball playoff games, and my new job routine have all added up to my eyes wanting to slam shut right now. I mean it. I can hardly keep my eyes open.

And as tempting as a nap sounds, I don't really want to take one! What I would like to do is sit with a cup of hot cocoa and finish the novel I'm currently reading. I could effort that, I suppose. But if I find that I need to read the same paragraph four times, then the nap will win.

I do like reading on my Kindle right before bedtime. I use a larger font, so it is easy on my eyes. And when I start to read the same paragraph four times, I know that it's time to shut down. (It's interesting to see how far back I need to start the next time I pick the book up. Sometimes I find that I really didn't comprehend a full ten pages!)

To do:  Read.  Drink cocoa.  Try to stay awake.  Take nap if necessary.

No comments: