Saturday, October 18, 2014

Weather, Walks, Work, Wins, World (Series)

With the exception of some rain showers, we had a pretty nice week in the weather department.

It was so warm today that Lew and I were able to take an early-afternoon walk without wearing jackets. (I started out with one, but I had to remove it.) We walked down to the Eastern Trail and looked out over the marsh. It was lovely. Walking back to the house seemed like a chore (tired legs!) but we made it.

I also took a walk Monday morning with my friend Ellen. It was chillier that day (needed hats and gloves) but the sun was still shining bright. Ellen and I hardly walked together all summer, so we laughed about finally getting out in mid-October.

The remainder of the week was spent working at the sandwich shop, meeting friends for a late lunch, and fighting off a headache. I won the headache battle in that it didn't keep me home from anything. But it did wear me out. I wanted to watch baseball and football on Thursday night, but I conked out early. Too tired!

Regarding baseball: I was hoping for the St. Louis/Kansas City match-up, although I will certainly enjoy watching San Francisco/Kansas City. I will be rooting for Kansas City to win the World Series....

Go, Royals!

No comments: