Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Dad 223: Excitement for Pepper

(I had pretty much the same schedule today as yesterday: work, lunch with a friend, and now baseball. One big difference is that it's Derf Wednesday, and Dad remembered to write something! Enjoy his post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Sitting here on the couch with Pepper getting ready to enjoy a second day of summer weather in early Fall. We hit 72° yesterday on the coast and we hope to repeat that today. Then rain tomorrow and the temps will fall. Think I'll mow the lawn today for the last time this season. Hope for a hard frost soon to completely stop the growing season. A frost has reached the state with the exception of the coast. Must store mowers in the trailer for the winter. Then we can rearrange the motorcycles and put the 'cah' in the garage.

So far, I've found no mice in the motor compartment of the pickup. I think the mice have the message: Infiltrate and you die!

Good news on the football front. Zack's eighth-grade team won their first playoff game this past weekend. He will play again this weekend with the winner playing in the championship game. Josh's high school team continues to improve and they won again. They could possibly win the next two and make the playoffs. They must win both games. We'll see!

Pepper just left me and is now sitting on the back of the couch looking out the window. Happy viewing! Not too much excitement to see! At 17, Pepper doesn't need much excitement. Same for me also.

I went into a store the other day and they were putting up their Christmas stuff. Seems to be rushing the season as we still have to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving. I guess it is never too early for Christmas.

Pepper just crawled down my chest and is now back with me resting on the arm of the couch.

Seems like a good time to wrap this up and pet my furry friend. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: