Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dad 222: Of Mice and Man, Part 2

(It's mid-afternoon as I type this, and the sun indeed did win. Beautiful day. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! It seems that the sun is making an attempt to ward off the rainy morning. It sure looks like the sun will win out. We hope! Brighter by the minute.

I have two goals to accomplish each morning. I always check the obituaries on the computer. I've been doing this for many months now. This past week I've added the second goal. I check the engine compartment of my pickup to see if the mice have gone for good. (See last week's post.) I have not found any sign of mice for one week. I guess the capture of the two by trapping last week has won the war. I will continue to check on a daily basis to see that none return. I will kill any family members that dare to move in. You have been warned! Don't come back!

Good news on the football front. Josh's high school team won their game last Friday evening quite handily (34-6). Zack's eighth-grade team completed the season with a win. They start the playoffs this weekend. Hope both can win again this week.

The Patriots finally looked like a football team. Hope it lasts. Go Pats!

Congratulations to Kansas City, Baltimore, St. Louis, and San Francisco as their baseball teams are now playing to make the World Series. I'll be watching but not really cheering for any particular team. Ho-hum.

According to my proofreader and editor, my time is up. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: