Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vacation Day 8

Today was the "Beach to Beacon" 10K race, in which elite runners from all over the world compete.  Lew and I were not participants.  But I mention it because of Lew's nickname for our vacation:  Beach and Bacon!

We didn't go for a beach walk today, but we did go out to breakfast.  Lew has eaten bacon every day of our vacation except Thursday -- and that was only because Tony's Donuts doesn't serve it.

Matt and Emily were having a yard sale today, so we stopped by.  I saw Emily's cat, Karma, when I went inside the house.  Karma is not known for friendliness, so I was surprised when he just sat and looked at me without running away.  But then I tried to take his picture:

A Cat in Motion

This afternoon I did some reading.  And I got a phone call from Suzy!  It was so wonderful to hear my dear friend's voice.

I also did laundry and watched as much of the Red Sox/Yankees game that I could stand.  Boo hoo.

One more day and it's back to work.  I'm focusing on the "one more day" part!

No comments: