Friday, August 20, 2010

An Unfinished Activity

I have a wall-hanging of a cross-stitch that I did.  It says:

I Know I'm Efficient.
Tell me I'm Beautiful.

It took me seven years to finish it. 

(I hope the irony is not lost on my readers!)

Today I came across a jigsaw puzzle that I had started almost two and a half years ago.  I had rolled it up in one of those "puzzle savers" when I needed to be able to use the dining room table for its intended purpose (as a dining room table).  The puzzle had not seen the light of day since then.

I almost put it back in its box, but then I decided that I should finish it.  It's one of those photo-mosaic puzzles, so it ain't easy!  I'd already completed a good chunk.

I'm hoping that my mother will help me.  I'm also hoping that my father doesn't steal a piece.  (He likes to do that and put the piece in at the end and say, "I finished the puzzle.")

The completed puzzle will be a portrait of Marilyn Monroe.  I enjoy her movies -- the funny ones, anyway.  My favorite is, "Some Like it Hot."  If you haven't seen it, then rent and watch it immediately!

No comments: