Monday, May 10, 2010

The Other Day

When I say "the other day," I am usually referring to 3 or 4 days ago. Certainly not more than a week ago. And certainly not yesterday.

Lew will use "the other day" to mean just about any day that ever existed, especially yesterday.

A while back, I asked our Saturday morning breakfast buddies if "the other day" could refer to yesterday. She said "no"; he said "yes."

So, is this yet another male vs. female thing? My sample size of 4 people is kind of small. So, I'm trying something new on my blog. A poll!

The poll will be on the right-hand side of my blog for the next week. Please let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend does THE SAME THING. ... But he'll go as far back as a month or so. "the other day- i did this..." oh, yeah- you mean like a month ago!?!? silly men and their silly ways of referring to the past. :P

Anonymous said...

^^^ That was me: Tiffany :))

Kim said...

Now Jun just says tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow or yesterday yesterday yesterday. Sometimes she doesn't count the tomorrows or yesterdays properly, though and we get confused. She says, "Many many yesterdays ago I lived in Japan." Makes me cry. But she is happy to be here!

Tracy said...

The poll results are in! Please see my May 17th post titled: Poll Results "The Other Day."