Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Green Ball, A Gray Ball

Lew bought one of those big exercise balls for me for Christmas a couple years ago. It's green.

A few days after Christmas that same year, Lew's back was bothering him a bit, so he "rolled around" belly-up on the ball to see if that would help.

It didn't. In fact, he hurt his back even more by doing this.

So Lew went to a chiropracter, who sent him for an x-ray. After determining the problem, the chiropracter was able to help him. Ironically, the follow-up exercises that the chiropracter gave him were to be done with a big exercise ball!

To do the exercises properly, Lew had to buy an even bigger ball than the one that he had purchased for me. This newer ball is gray. He used it faithfully until his back improved. (I think that "faithfully" may be too strong a word here, but he did get better!)

Both balls have been sitting upstairs in our back room ever since. Unused. Until a couple days ago....

I tried the gray ball out as a chair at my desk, and it is great! I can roll around a bit and even do a little bouncing, which is kind of fun. I think my posture is better, too.

Now to find a use for the green ball!

No comments: