Sunday, May 2, 2010

Birthday Follow-Up

As I wrote yesterday, I had a wonderful birthday. Lew and I met our friends for breakfast, we ran a few errands, and then we went to the Portland Sea Dogs game. (The Sea Dogs are a Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox.)

Lew had bought four tickets to the game, and I was hoping that Josh and Zack could go with us. Debbie told me they probably had baseball games of their own, but I held out hope until almost the last minute. But, Little League scheduling (Josh) and a fractured foot (Zack) didn't cooperate with me.

So, Lew and I decided that we would watch for two people going to the ticket window and offer them our extra tickets. We had to be selective, as whomever we gave the tickets to would be sitting right next to us!

Lew noticed two women in line -- a woman my age and her college-age daughter. I went up to them and they graciously accepted my offer, even with the warning that they had to sit with us. Lew felt it necessary to assure them that we weren't axe murderers.

So I now have two new friends, Anita and Tiffany. I ended up talking with them more than I did with Lew at the game. (Sorry, Sweetie!) And when they went out to get some food, they also came back with a birthday present for me...a pink baseball with the Sea Dogs logo!

And the Sea Dogs won, just because it was my birthday.

(Postscript: In addition to the baseball tickets, Lew gave me a Kindle. The Kindle is Amazon.com's e-reader. I love to read, so "Hooray!" I also got a new shell for my Miche bag from my parents -- a picture of "Lacy" is below.)

1 comment:

Alice said...

Let me know how you like the kindle!