Friday, May 14, 2010

Josh's Great Game

Lew and I just went to our first Little League game of the season. Our nephew Josh was playing. He's the catcher for his team.

In the first inning, the opposing team got 7 runs. Ouch.

When Josh's team came to the plate, the first batter got on base. Then Josh was up and hit a smoking RBI double. Josh eventually scored, too. So now it's 7-2.

No runs for the other team in their next at bat.

Josh got an RBI single the next inning. 7-3.

No runs again for the other team. (This pattern would continue.)

Josh got a triple the next time he was up. (I think he had two RBI's with that hit.) His team ended up winning the game, 8-7. I do believe it may have been the greatest comeback in Little League history.

Josh had a great game catching, too. He threw out a couple baserunners and had a nice play at the plate.

It was the perfect evening except for the fact that I stepped in doggy doo-doo. I leaned over to Lew at the game and asked, "You are going to clean my shoe for me when we get home, right?"

My husband is such a sweetie.

(Postscript: For my baseball-challenged readers, RBI stands for "runs batted in.")

No comments: