Thursday, May 27, 2010

God Gives Me a Chuckle

On my drive home from work today, I was thinking about what I spend my time on. It's no secret that I've been tired the past few days. Is there something that I should give up? I even thought about whether I should continue my blog. (I am going to continue!)

When I got home, I saw that today's mail contained something from the Cumberland County Clerk of Courts. It was addressed to me. My first thought was, "Uh oh! What did I do?"

After I opened it, my first thought was, "You've got to be kidding me!" Actually, I believe that I said this out loud. Quite loud.

Excerpts from what I received: "This letter is NOT a summons for jury duty. It is a notice that you have been selected as a member of a pool to serve at some future time....Your name was selected randomly....Please answer all the questions on the enclosed questionnaire and return it to the court within 5 days of receiving it..."

I was on jury duty in the summer of 1996, so I have another year to go before they can require me to serve again. (But I still have to fill out the questionnaire...within 5 days.)

So, I was able to recover from my initial shock when I realized that this wouldn't be immediately added to my plate.

And I laughed! Although I was (and am) still tired, I didn't (and don't) feel as overwhelmed. God has a wonderful sense of humor! (Smile....)

No comments: