Sunday, May 9, 2010

Become Your Mother's Biggest Fan

For his Mother's Day sermon, our pastor preached on becoming our mother's biggest fan. Actually, he spelled it PHAN:

Pray for her.
Help her.
Accept her with honor.
Notice her.

Some notes I wrote down as I listened this morning: Mothers tolerate a lot. They aren't divine, but they are instruments of the Divine. Mothers do become tired, hungry, sick, and hurt. A mother does a lot; notice those things and compliment her.

I am blessed with a wonderful mother. Over the years I have noticed the effort she has made and I appreciate her more and more. I will share just one story...a fond childhood memory....

I was in either the 2nd or 3rd grade. It was "Show and Tell" day, and the theme for that day was our pets. Mom brought our dog, Margot, to my school at the designated time. I remember seeing Mom through the window in our classroom door. She was holding Margot and she waved to me. I think Margot may have "waved," too. I don't remember anything more than that. But I remember the most important part: Mom was there.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Suzy Gaeddert said...

Please tell your mom I loved how she adopted me for the Colby years in wonderful ways! And now she is praying for me even more. She truly is a wonderful mother to even more than her biological daughters. Can you hug her for me? Love, Suzy