Tuesday, December 9, 2014

When I Looked for the Baby Jesus

Our Christmas tree has been up since the day after Thanksgiving, but we haven't put the ornaments on yet. My energy level has been so low that I haven't wanted to bring the decorations down from the attic.
 
It was my turn to lead children's church this past Sunday morning. As Lew and I were preparing to leave for church, I told him I needed to go up in the attic to find the Baby Jesus from our crèche set. I wanted it for my lesson.
 
I knew the Baby Jesus would be in one of three bins. I found it in the fourth bin I looked in (don't ask). But something special happened while I was looking for the Baby Jesus. I started to feel more energetic. I was healthy. I became excited about the Advent season. I wanted to decorate and celebrate the coming of The Lord Jesus Christ!
 
I still haven't brought the Christmas bins downstairs because I've had outside errands yesterday and today. But tomorrow....
 
Smile!
 
(PostScript: I am even making dinner for Lew tonight! Stew in the crockpot.)

No comments: