Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Gum Recession Leads to No Fun

I have two teeth with enough gum recession that I need gum grafts. My first procedure was yesterday. The other will be in a few months.
 
The graft tissue is taken from the same side of the roof of your mouth. I asked to see the graft tissue before the doctor put it in the recipient site. (He said I was the first patient in 24 years that has asked!) It was this nice little pink strip of flesh.
 
May I say that undergoing this procedure was not fun? It was not fun at all.
 
The left side of my mouth is now out of commission for chewing purposes for the next week. I have these "silly putty" dressings on the roof of my mouth and over the graft site. It feels weird.
 
I am not allowed to eat crunchy stuff. So no nachos tomorrow night! Happy New Year to me. :(
 
To do: Get through the next few days of special eating without whining too much.

No comments: