Friday, December 5, 2014

A Bummer of a Cookie

Writing Prompt: A fortune cookie.
 
I enjoy certain Chinese food dishes (sweet and sour chicken... yum...) but I am not really a fan of the fortune cookie.
 
Aren't fortune cookies meant for fun? Then how did I get a bad one once?
 
Yes, I actually got a bad fortune in a cookie.
 
It happened many years ago when I was going through a particularly bad time. The fortune read something like, "There are some dark times ahead for you." WHAT? Not really what I needed to hear at the moment.
 
In recent years I have seen a new trend in fortune cookies. The "fortune" is usually some pithy saying and not a prediction. I think I prefer this... not that I give any credence to fortune cookies.
 
They are just for fun.
 
But I'm still not a fan.

No comments: