Monday, December 15, 2014

King Moonracer: Toy or Not?

Lew and I enjoy the TV show The Middle. The episode that aired last week had an interesting subplot: Axl and one of his buddies argue about whether King Moonracer is a toy.
King Moonracer is the king of the Island of Misfit Toys featured in the Christmas classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. King Moonracer is part lion, part bird. He flies around the world to find misfit toys and brings them to the island.
Axl believes King Moonracer is not a toy, but his friend disagrees. They get a third friend to mediate the dispute. No spoilers here... you'll have to watch the episode yourself to find out what the third friend decides.
I told Lew that I agree with Axl. The character of King Moonracer is not a toy but a living being.
But I suppose one could argue the opposite. In "real life" King Moonracer is a stop-motion animation figure, which could be considered a toy of sorts.
Such uncertainty over this burning question!
I hope I will be able to sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Scott Moore said...

He is definitely a toy!