Friday, August 9, 2013

What a Day

Today we learned that Lew's mom would require long-term care. We had suspected this would be the situation.

Fortunately, there was a long-term care opening at the same facility where she has been for rehab. She moved from one end of the building to the other! And this place is right down the road from us!!

I went to see Verlie three times today: 1) late morning, 2) after her room move early afternoon, and 3) after dinner, accompanied by Lew.

When I came home after my first visit, I had a phone message from an investigator who told me I was being investigated for a check fraud case. I called her back immediately. I was successful in proving that I am NOT the person she is looking for.

I have received phone calls like this before. (Click HERE to read an earlier blog post.) Apparently there is another gal out there with the same name who is of a criminal bent. Thanks a bunch, lady. I hope they catch up with you soon....

All in all, it was a good day. A little too much for my stress-o-meter, though.

Why do I say that?

My dinner didn't stay down. Blech. :(

No comments: