Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dad 162: The Elliptical Machine Calleth

(Dad told me he wrote this quickly so that he could exercise as scheduled. And he is ellipticalizing right now! Enjoy his post. -- Tracy)

Derf Here! Another beautiful day up here in the Northeast. The experts are predicting great weather through the next week. We'll take it.

I meant to write this during my morning couch period. I had my six-month doctor's checkup at 8:30 AM and returned home. I completely forgot about my Wednesday blog post. So, here I am at noontime writing this. It will be brief as I am about to do my daily elliptical session. I hate every minute of the elliptical but must make this effort. Ten pounds lighter than my last doctor's visit. Here's hoping that my next visit will have the same result. I'll let you know in February. Stay tuned.

I will be taking another trip to the Owls Head Museum this Saturday. I mentioned a trip there last week as a tease. This will remain as a tease until next week when I will tell all about my Owls Head visits. Promise! Probably not too interesting! I'm hoping for an interesting result, however.

Kim and Kaelen are here this week. They are being kept busy with Deb and family. They are, in fact, at the beach with Deb and Josh as I write this. Even went to target range last night to do some target shooting.

Football has started for Zack as he will be a member of the seventh-grade team. Josh will pick up his equipment tomorrow and will start practice next week. The starting date of practice is determined by the State Education Association. All schools must start training at the same time. It won't be long until we'll spend a couple days a week watching football games. Looking forward to it. Another exciting fall season. It seems like baseball season just ended.... Oh! It did!

Please keep the prayers coming for sister Jean as she still struggles with her rehab from her cancer operation. Thanks!

I hear the elliptical machine calling me and I must answer the call. Shucks!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: