Sunday, August 11, 2013

Noah's Ark

With a great deal of assistance from my buddy Luanne, I led children's church today.

The lesson was Noah's ark.

The children helped put the pairs of animals in the ark when it came to that point in the story.  (Luanne was in charge of the Noah figure.)

The children "made the rain" by wiggling their fingers.  We even counted to forty to get a sense for how many days and nights it rained.

I hope that the kids remember at least two important points from the lesson:
  1. Noah was close to God.  He obeyed God.  He built an ark when God told him to.
  2. God promised Noah that He would not destroy the earth by flood again.  The rainbow is His reminder of that promise.
We ended our time with a couple crafts, during which Luanne came to my rescue.  I had the crafts ready to go, but my ability to implement "craft time" with small children is a "needs improvement" area.  But we had fun!

When discussing the animals that God created, Luanne and I did lament about mosquitoes and the like.  Thus, I end today's post with my favorite "fun quote" about Noah's ark:
"If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies."  -- Helen Castle

No comments: