Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dad 164: Clouds, Fog, Sun, Breeze

(Dad told me that he wrote a really good line today, and he challenged me to identify it. I was really happy when I finally got to "Until next time!" Was that the line? LOL! Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! Enjoying another summer day here in the Northeast. Morning started with clouds, fog and dampness. Then the sun came out and burned away the cloudy, foggy start of the day. Now the clouds have reappeared and a seabreeze is upon us. I sit here on our (Lew's) porch as I write this. It is getting chilly!

Spent the cloudy morning mowing with the hand mower. By the time I was ready to ride, the sun appeared and mission was accomplished. Even fired up the weedwhacker. The old hay field looks pretty good. At least to my eyes.

Spouse had pulled up all the vine plants in our 'front lawn' garden. She did a fine job. So I took care of the pulled plants as they were added to the lawn clippings. Only thing left in the garden are four tomato plants and one snakeskin that was shed at an earlier date. I hate snakes! Not too fond of tomatoes either!

Was going to change the oil in the go-kart, but will do another day.

Lew is on vacation this week so I had better not bloviate too long as editor doesn't want too much to do in posting my blog entry. Lew and Tracy (editor) just returned home so I better end this.

Sister Jean is scheduled for surgery on September 16th. This will be a very critical operation. Please pray for her to remain healthy enough for this step in her recovery process. Must stay away from any infections. Thanks for your support and prayers.

As I watch the RVs coming and going, we are experiencing a sea-turn. I can see the fog rolling in from the ocean. Feels and looks fall-like.

I'm skipping my ellipticalizing this week and will resume my daily exercise after Labor Day. It is a very pleasant week! Will probably gain a couple pounds. Hope not too many!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: