Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Kiki Crisis

As I was chatting with a friend after church this morning, she commented that she noticed a lot of movement in our area of the sanctuary during the service.

You see, Kiki was nowhere to be found.

Kiki (not sure I'm spelling that right) is Eli's white blanket that goes everywhere with him, a la Linus van Pelt's blue blanket.

At one point, Matt, Emily, Lew, and I were all in the nursery with Eli, Adam, another little boy, and two other adults.  We had come to the conclusion that Kiki had been left at home.  Eli was devastated.

Emily pulled out Thomas the Train (and some other train whose name I forget) which helped Eli start to cope with the situation.  One by one, Matt, Lew, and I made our way back into the sanctuary to listen to the rest of the sermon.  Emily rode it out in the nursery.

Someday Eli will long for the time when a missing blanket was his greatest concern.  So enjoy your Kiki, sweet little Eli....  Love you....

No comments: