Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dad 163: Owls Head Mystery Revealed

(Lew really wanted that Jaguar... LOL! ... Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! A day late but not a 'dollah' short! Another beautiful start of the day in the great Northeast. Possible showers later in the day but I don't think they will reach our coastal area. Ready for a great weather weekend as night temperatures may reach down to the mid 40s. Brrrr!

Now for my two trips to the Owls Head Museum: As mentioned in my last two posts, I made these trips with no explanation to you. Well, the cat is now out of the bag....

Every year at Owls Head there is an auction of classic and special interest cars. I decided to offer our 1939 Bantam up for auction. I delivered the car on my first trip. The second trip was on auction day. Lew and I spent last Saturday at the auction. We sat and watched about 160 automobiles reach the auction block. Some cars didn't even receive a bid. A Jaguar, however, sold for $104,000.

Our Bantam reached and sold at the amount I hoped to receive. My whole life was spent with this car. It had been in our family since about 1945. I have driven the car for about 65 years. I must admit that I had to fight back tears as I watched the Bantam change ownership. I managed to recover and made it home through my tears. I hope the new owners enjoy the car as much as we did. It was time to sell as we no longer used the vehicle. (Licensed and insured but not on the road for five years.) Time to sell, but very sad to see it go! I'm recovering, albeit slowly.

If interested in looking over the auction, you can google "Owls Head auto auction 2013" and click on the pictures and prices of vehicles auctioned last Saturday.

No more on auction.... Done! Wipe my eyes!

Purchased an iPad over the weekend and Spouse is very busy playing a game that crushes candy. Purchase was made because computer is dying. However, computer seems to be working better as it has been cleaned up. It may outlast the iPad! (Hope not!)

Another request for prayers for sister Jean. Supposed to be checked out today for possible tumor in her heart. This is a necessary step to determine future procedures. A very serious situation. Thanks for your concerns and prayers.

I'm running out of time and words as I must ready myself for a trip to Cindy's. Cindy is the lady that cuts my hair. Must be on time and not late! Soooo!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

 

No comments: