Saturday, August 24, 2013

Jerry's Window of Wild Opportunity

Our house has a little entryway off of the porch. Once in the entryway, go right to my parents' side or go left to our side.

The doors leading to the two sides both have windows, which had been covered with curtains. Here's what our door looked like:

 

The above picture is actually an "after" picture. The curtain used to have a bottom rod, too, firmly securing it to the door. But Jerry, the cat you see on the table, hung off the curtain. He bent the top rod so badly that it was no longer usable. So I switched the bottom rod to the top, allowing the curtain to hang freely.

There was another incident not long after this while my sister Kim was visiting. Kim was on my parents' side when she looked across the entryway and saw a dark shape swinging back and forth in our window. That dark shape was Jerry, of course. He had bent the remaining curtain rod. I could bend it back okay, but it was pointless to keep the curtain up.

Our door then looked like this -- and, yes, the cats were on the table a lot (they loved being able to see through the window):

 

But someone who did not like this new arrangement? Lew.

I looked and looked and looked and finally decided on a nice window film, which we put up today. We did my parents' door, too. I think it looks good!

 

Happy husband.

But not-so-happy kitties.

(Postscript: Yes, we use Spongebob Squarepants placemats. Don't judge us. LOL!)

No comments: