Thursday, August 15, 2013

Before the Beach Walk

A couple days ago I wrote about the beach walk that I went on with my sisters and Kaelen.

While we were still at the house preparing for the walk, there was some controversy between Kaelen and her mother (my sister Kim) about who would carry a small shoulder bag during the walk. The items in the bag were for Kaelen's use, so I thought she should carry it. I kept this particular opinion to myself.

However, I did comment on how my sister was getting some "pay back." When we were growing up, Kim constantly asked other family members to carry stuff for her. (For example, I carried extra tissues in my purse for her while we were in high school.) She never wanted to carry anything! She even wanted to photocopy her driver's license and leave copies of it in the glove compartments of all the family vehicles -- an idea that still appeals to her, if only it were legal.

When I reminded Kim of all this, she blamed this behavior pattern on me! Apparently, I "enabled" her.

When we got to the beach, Kim was still complaining about having to carry the bag.... So can you guess what happened next?

Yep.... I'm still enabling my sister after all these years, but can you blame me? I couldn't stand the whining!

No comments: