Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Sarah Connor Experience

Lew and I got married 9 1/2 years ago tomorrow. (Smile....)

After legally changing my last name to my "Mrs. Lew" name, I have received probably at least a half-dozen phone calls from creditors trying to collect on different past-due accounts.

I received another such call today. A young man informed me that he was calling regarding a certain credit card account that was in collections. I told him I was not the person whom he was seeking. He asked me one more question, after which he acknowledged that he must have the wrong person.

I told him that I had received similar calls from other creditors, some of whom had been quite rude. I thanked him for being polite and wished him luck in finding the right person. (I would like to find her, too, and tell her to pay her bills!)

So, there you have it -- my Sarah Connor experience. I'm hoping there will be no more sequels.

(Postscript: Don't know who Sarah is? Google will help. Unlike me, those who shared her name did not have a happy ending.)

(Post-Postscript: Maybe this experience has contributed to a certain shopping phobia that I have. Hmmmm....)

No comments: