Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Really Good Bargain

While grocery shopping yesterday, Lew and I purchased a sale item that was on closeout. It's a milkshake that you make in a can. The can contains the milkshake "beads." You add milk and then you shake, shake, shake it.

Lew decided to make one today, but he didn't have very good luck. So, of course, I had to make one to show him how it was done. I let Lew have a taste of mine, and he said that I had done a better job of mixing than he did. He then went into the kitchen to sulk. (Well, maybe to sulk. He's the only one who really knows for sure.)

Left alone to bask in my success, I then continued consuming my milkshake. The next thing I know, my nose is completely covered with a big glob of cold milkshake "stuff" and I am trying not to inhale...or let the glob fall on the floor. I run into the kitchen, lean over the sink to drop the glob, look over at Lew, and explain to him that I was almost drowned by my milkshake. He didn't seem very sympathetic.

Lew later said that he would have lied about how I met my demise if I had really drowned. Something about being too embarrassed....

By the way, the next time we see an item on closeout at the grocery store, we are leaving it there.

No comments: