Monday, January 4, 2010

Ode to A New Year's Resolution

I took a course in American Popular music when I was in college (back in the middle ages). One of the assignments was to pick from a list of songs and write our own lyrics, using current cultural references. Here's what I wrote (to be sung to the tune of "Puttin' on the Ritz"):

Chocolate chips and jelly beans
Go to the hips, so my Lee jeans
No longer fit.
Snackin's hard to quit.

Calvin Klein and other names
Sure do look fine on other dames
'Cause bit by bit,
Snackin's hard to quit.

(Bridge)
Garfield's lucky although he is too fat;
Goes without clothes 'cause he is a true cat.
I can't do that.

To di-et would be the key
But I'd die, it would never be
With me a hit.
Snackin's hard to quit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same at the end of last year. However...stomach flu has done wonders in the weight loss area! Wonder if I'll keep it off? Kim

Anonymous said...

A-MEN, sister!! I use the "but I'm snacking healthy" excuse, but it's STILL snacking and I STILL have a ways to go on the weight loss!!

Anne-Marie said...

Nice job! I found myself tapping my toes and smiling as I read this and sang along in my mind (oh, those little voices, again!!)