Sunday, January 10, 2010

Did the Patriots play today?

I don't know all the intricacies of football, and it's not my favorite sport. But I understand the basics, and I enjoy watching it. Usually, that is.

I'm a New England Patriots fan, and I was hoping to celebrate when they won the Super Bowl in a few weeks. Ha! It was a very ugly day at Gillette Stadium. I sensed big, big, BIG trouble when the Baltimore Ravens scored two touchdowns within the first five minutes of today's playoff game. And everything that happened after that really isn't worth mentioning either.

But, as "they" say, there's always next year. And we still have Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX.

(I am amused by the NFL's use of Roman numerals. For those of you that are scratching your heads: 36, 38, and 39.)

1 comment:

Lew said...

It looked like Mr. Brady's head was in a different zip code than his body. Has he lost the fire in the belly?