Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Three R's, Part 1

I have always enjoyed reading. My favorite book is The Holy Bible, and I try to read through it every year. This year I'm reading a version called The Message, which is a contemporary language translation by Eugene H. Peterson.

My goal is to read 24 books a year. (I am starting my third year doing this.) I try to do half non-fiction/half fiction, but I'm not too strict about that. And toward the end of the year, if I'm a little behind, I'll find a good children's book or two! (Is that cheating?)

I currently have at least two dozen unread books stacked up in various places in my home, so I definitely have enough to last me all of 2010. But I will undoubtedly add to the pile throughout the year. I can't resist a good book....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had to nearly give up reading for parenting/housekeeping/wifing. I get TOO into them! Kim

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! I need to get better about doing that! I don't read as much as I used to. Guess I just need some inspiration...