Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Perspective

I'm supposed to be at church choir rehearsal as I write this. But I had a migraine headache settling in this afternoon at work, so Lew and I felt it best that I stay home tonight. The headache hasn't gotten any worse, so I thought I'd try to do some Internet surfing and write my blog entry for the day. Then early to bed.

My surfing ended up being mostly stories about the earthquake in Haiti. What a devastating event. The loss of life is so sad. I am praying for the family and friends of those who were killed or are still missing. I am praying that there are still survivors to be found. May God be with the relief workers, search teams, and all those involved in dealing with the aftermath of this disaster.

I still have a headache, but I am so fortunate. I can rest now, knowing that I'll probably feel better in the morning.

No comments: