Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Three R's, Part 3

Arithmetic! Or perhaps I should say...'Rithmetic!

I was a math major in college. Yes, I love math! I love its beauty and logic. I enjoy solving problems. I like the satisfaction of completing a task. As a student, I knew when I'd completed a math assignment. But when writing a paper, I never knew if it was really the best that it could be. (Ultimately, that little concept called "time" would kick in and suddenly a paper would be "good enough.")

Apparently some people experience sheer panic whenever they hear the words, "Two trains were heading toward each other, one going x miles per hour, the other y miles per hour, etc." But not I. As long as I have pencil and paper, I'm ready to solve those nasty word problems.

My equation for the day: Math = Fun!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I like your equation for the day; oh that I could convince my Intro Logic students of it as well!

Anonymous said...

Logic problems I like, math, not so much! Although, I am an accountant, but that's different math! And those word problems that use algebra/calculus, UGH! Math = fun SOMETIMES!