Friday, January 15, 2010

A Newly-Discovered Phobia?

I carry a very fun and colorful purse, which I bought several weeks ago. I needed to do some shopping after work tonight, and I went to the store where I had gotten my purse. Even though I know the store personnel saw me arrive with the purse, I can't help but wonder if they later thought "Did she come in with that?"

About a week ago I went into the store where I bought my winter hat. I decided to leave my hat in the car.

When I went shopping at the store where I bought my winter jacket, I wore a different coat.

Uh, no, I'm not a shoplifter. Nor am I a suspicious-looking person. And, I am assuming that stores realize that people will actually use the stuff they buy. So, I really don't know where this amusing phobia came from. And does it have a name? If not, I propose the following:

Previously-Purchased-Product Paranoia.

No comments: