Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Return of The Plague

Major snowstorm today.  We've had so little snow this winter, I think it tried to catch up all in one day!

From reading my previous posts this week, one can surmise that I have been ill again.  It's the same type of cruddy cold or sinus problem -- or whatever -- that I had in December.

Yuck.

I have attacked it differently this time.

One of my friends from church told me about neti pots.  Uh, what?  Deliberately pour fluid through my nose?  Ha ha.

But on Monday -- when I knew that I was getting sick -- I bought a neti pot at the drugstore.   Desperation makes one do crazy things!

I started using the neti pot Tuesday night, and... what do you know?  It helps.  Go figure.

I've also been drinking Gypsy Cold Care tea (by Traditional Medicinal).  It's the first time I've tried it.  Good stuff.  I'm going to always keep some on hand from now on.

Other things I've been doing:
  • Eating Cuties (California mandarin oranges)
  • Drinking lots of fluids -- mostly water and hot tea
  • Putting honey in my hot tea
  • Sucking on lozenges -- my favorite is Ricola's Green Tea with Echinacea
  • Eating Lew's black licorice jelly beans
Yes, the licorice jelly beans really do help my nasal passages.  Seriously!

(Disclaimer:  The above is not medical advice.  I am not a doctor; I am a normal person, like yourself....)

No comments: