Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Chili Cook-Off

Today was our church's annual Chili Cook-Off.  This event is held to raise money for missions.

Lew and I attended, and so did Matt, Emily, and Eli.

Each chili was served in a little plastic cup so that you could sample each one.  Then you voted for your favorite (or favorites) with tickets that you "purchased" upon entry.  The maker of the winning chili gets possession of the coveted "Golden Ladle" until the next Cook-Off.

I liked almost all of the different chili's, but I was able to narrow it down to three.  I got seconds of each of those in order to make my final decision.

Lew narrowed his favorites down to a group of four -- which happened to include all three of mine!

On our way home, we talked about the fun time we had.  The Cook-Off really is a nice event.

And then Lew informed me, "I really don't like chili."

But he attended anyway....

I always knew that he was a good sport!

(Postscript:  And -- just in case you were wondering -- Eli didn't try any of the chili.)

No comments: