Monday, March 19, 2012

My Parents Are Insane

In some of his recent posts, Dad (alias "Derf") has mentioned a road trip to Eureka, Illinois.  Well, he and Mom left early yesterday morning -- way before the bluebirds were up.

I was in touch with Mom (via text message) a bit yesterday afternoon.  I wanted to check in to see how their trip was going.  My first text was "Where are you?"  Mom's response was "In the car."  Ha ha.  Very helpful.

She eventually admitted they were close to Cleveland.

Around 9:00 p.m. last night I was fully expecting to hear that they had stopped at "Such-and-Such Hotel" for the evening.  Instead I heard that they were in Indiana and would be at my sister's house by 12:30 a.m.

Say what??!!

Yes, they decided to drive STRAIGHT THROUGH.  I demanded that Mom text me when they arrived at Kim's.  (Role reversal!)

I got the "we are in Eureka" text close to 1:30 a.m. Eastern time.  I prayed a word of thanks, answered Mom's text, and fell back asleep.

We are going to have a major talk when they get home....

No comments: