Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaNoWriMo Update

Since tomorrow will be Dad's weekly post, I thought I should take today to update you on how my novel-writing is going.

As I shared in an earlier post, the NaNoWriMo challenge is to have 50,000 words written during the month of November.  As of right now (approximately 7:30 p.m. EST), I have 10,900 words written!

Before you give me too many kudos, please know that I am behind on my word count.  I need to average 1,667 words per day in order to make the 50,000 word goal.  So eight days into the month, I should be at 13,336 words.

I'm glad that I have the 10,900, but I better get a boogie on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question: Do the words have to make sense? I could write the words but not into a story that made sense.

Cousin Kathy

Tracy said...

I suppose that you could upload 50,000 words of nonsense and get a completion certificate! But you still wouldn't have the first draft of a novel -- which is the real prize, after all. :)