Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dad 69: Mow to Snow!

(As I typed in Dad's final paragraph, I was reminded of a project I'm supposed to help him with today.  No rest for the weary.... LOL!  Enjoy Dad's post!  --  Tracy)

Derf Here!

From the snow-covered Northeast.  There are still several thousand people without power in this area of the country.  We received only 5 to 6 inches of snow and our power didn't even flicker.  However, on a beautiful sunny summer day with no wind, we will have a loss of power for an instant -- but not in the middle of a severe snow, windy storm.  Some towns in our area received 20 inches (Acton).  Bridgton received 17 inches.  We lucked out on the amount, being on the coast.  Thank you, Lord!

Over the weekend Kelsey's Eureka High School band received the third place state trophy at Illinois State University.  They had hoped for a better finish but had a very successful year.  Congrats to Kelsey, Ali, and company.

Prior to the storm I put my plow on the pickup and I will not remove it until there is no chance of more winter weather!  After our snow melts I'll probably look a little foolish driving around with a plow until winter really arrives.  I will not, however, remove it until Spring.

Saturday afternoon I mowed my lawn.  Saturday night it snowed.  In all my years on this earth -- and they are many -- I have never mowed a lawn the same day it was covered with snow.  Hence the title "Mow to Snow!"  When the snow melts totally -- and it will -- I will clean up our yard of fallen branches.  We did have one limb crash to earth in this event.  Our lawn looks as green as it does in June.  Please don't allow too much snow to fall this winter!  Thank you, Lord!  Please cooperate!

Halloween has come and gone.  I purchased three large bags of candy.  I know we'll have at most a handful of "Treaters."  Only grandsons and friends will show up.  This year we had grandsons and friends, a total of four.  However, my two bowls of goodies were reduced to one upon their exit.  That is why I buy junk food that we like!  Around the corner from us where Glen, Debbie, and grandsons live, the "Treaters" numbered around one hundred (100).  That is what happens in the "hood!"

Today I will be getting my own Facebook identity.  I have been using Spouse's (Mary Lou Gowen), but she wants me to get my own.  I'm starting to converse with friends when online and she doesn't want people thinking she is the communicator.  It seems logical to me.  So I will be carefully picking out my future friends.  I will be limiting it to family and real close friends.  Look for me on Facebook.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I like the Mow to Snow title! Hahaha Only in Maine I guess!