Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dad 70: You'll Always Sound Precocious

(Mark Zuckerberg should hire Derf as a spokesperson!  Enjoy Dad's post.  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!

From the Northeast, enjoying late summer weather.  It has been a beautiful Fall with temps in the sixties.  Rain is predicted for tomorrow.  We still have remnants of snow where it was piled up and the sun was lacking.

Derf has been busy this week.  Facebook is occupying some time as I attempt to keep up with the heavy demand.  Still looking for new friends.  So, if you're friendly with Spouse, it's possible Derf will accept new members.  I will be selective!  I'm learning new facts about Facebook daily.  I'm now carrying on messaging with friends while online.  Sometimes my typing skills are questionable and my spelling is suspect.  I could become addicted!  World!  Watch Out!!

A few weeks (months) ago I predicted a sweep of Boston teams for championships.  This was right after the Bruins won the Stanley Cup.  Well, since then the Sox (Red) did not make the playoffs.  They collapsed the last month of the season.  They didn't just falter, they COLLAPSED!  The Patriots started the season quite well but their game is now suffering.  They stopped scoring thirty points per game and look very beatable.  The Celtics are tied up with the league/players clash that shows the greed of both sides (players/owners).  I assume this will be settled today and a season is likely.  Neither side wants to give up billions of dollars.  I now predict that no Boston teams will win their ultimate goal.  NO CHAMPIONSHIPS!  Not what I wanted, but what will happen.

Spouse and I just returned from a shopping expedition.  We (she) purchased a few things for Christmas and then we ate lunch out.  Very enjoyable.  At the same time we dropped the RV off to be winterized, have it checked for a propane leak, and get the propane tank refilled.  We enjoyed our 2,800 mile trip to Illinois and Indiana and will wrap the RV up for another Maine winter.  Please be gentle with snowfall and temperature.  Thank you, Lord!

Next Spring, will service RV and get ready for Kelsey's graduation.  Perhaps prior to this, Glen, Deb, and Josh and Zack will take a trip in the RV for a week in April.  Then to Kelsey's graduation.

Speaking of graduation, Erik Swanson (Kelsey's pastor's son) took senior pictures for Kelsey.  You can all see them on Facebook.  My evaluation of them is "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."  (Excuse the spelling, but they are that good.)  I want to take credit for the beauty but I can not do that in good conscience.  Maybe both her grandmas can take credit.  I think they can!

To you not on Facebook, it would be worth your effort to connect with Derf and to see Kelsey's pictures.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: