Saturday, March 5, 2011

Toast Tongs, For Real

I wrote in an earlier post about the tongs that I had purchased for Lew.  My hope was that they would serve the purpose of "toast" tongs, which was the product that he really wanted.

I ask my readers to imagine hearing a heavy "sigh" here.....because my attempt failed.

So, today we went in search of real toast tongs.  And we found them.  That's "we" as in Lew, although I was in the same store at the same time.  Different aisle.

Here is a comparison of my earlier purchase and today's find:

Mine:  $2.97
Lew's:  $1.99

Mine:  "Tongs"
Lew's:  "Toast Tongs"

Mine:  "Made from durable beechwood."
Lew's:  "Bamboo"

Mine:  "Hand wash."
Lew's:  Hand wash in warm soapy water."

Mine:  "Made in China."
Lew's:  "Made in Taiwan."

And Lew's Toast Tongs tag also says "Safely removes toast and bagels from the toaster.  Will not absorb moisture.  Durable and long lasting."

(Postscript:  I may have struck out with the tongs, but I did find two new great bath mats today.  And they met with Lew's approval.  Hooray!)

No comments: