Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Text Message Monster

I had a headache this morning, so I slept in a bit later than normal.

When I felt better, I went over to my parents' side of the house to let them know that I was finally up.  And then I continued my nice leisurely morning...which turned into a nice leisurely afternoon.

Around 3:00, I decided I had better hop in the shower real quick.  I also needed to do a couple loads of laundry, and the day was wasting away.

After the washing machine was going, I finished watching a movie that I had started earlier.  Then I checked out Facebook.

Around 4:30, I heard my cell phone go "ding ding."  This sound alerts me that I have a text message.

And who was the message from??

My mother!

My mother, who lives in THE SAME HOUSE that I do!

Her message:  "Are you ok???"

When I went over to tell her I was fine, she explained that my side of the house seemed really quiet.  And she knew about my earlier headache.  But she didn't think I would want her coming over to see if I was OK.

I didn't ask her what she was going to do if I didn't respond to her text message.  I do hope that she would have come over to check.

But I think that the bottom line is that she just likes to text.

My mother is the Text Message Monster!

No comments: