Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Telephone Survey

In early December, I wrote about a survey for which I had been randomly selected.

Lightning has struck again.

I received a phone call late last week regarding the National Flu Survey that is being conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Our telephone number was picked by a computer to participate in this survey.  The woman who called asked if we had received a letter in the mail informing us of this.  We had not.

She asked if I would still be willing to answer some questions.  She was very pleasant, so I said "Sure."

The questions were mostly about the flu shot and my perceptions of its effectiveness, etcetera.

At the end of the survey, she asked some questions that would help them put me in the right demographic.  My favorite question was about my current employment.  Two of the (several) choices were: 1) Out of work for less than a year, and 2) Homemaker.  I explained to her that I'm currently not working by choice, but that my husband would pass out if I answered "Homemaker."  So, I went with the first option.  (And, yes, I had her laughing at this point!)

The letter she referred to came in the mail yesterday.  Great timing.

According to the letter, my survey answers "will help improve the nation's health now and in the years ahead."

You are welcome.

No comments: