Friday, August 1, 2014

The Place Where I Live

Writing Prompt: Why I Live Where I Live

This topic seems like it would be best addressed by a list. So here goes:

  • I was born in the U.S.A.!
  • Maine is my home state. Although I have lived in two other states as an adult (Kansas and Missouri), Maine has always been "home." And I live here now.
  • We've all heard the saying, "Home is where the heart is." My parents and one of my two sisters live close by – my parents in the same house that I live in (!) and sister Debbie about a 30-second drive away. :)
  • And of course, I live with my Sweetie. I would follow him anywhere!

I can't believe how quickly my five minutes went by!

Interestingly, the first things that came to my mind were not the beach, the ocean, and the beauty of where I live -- although I do love all those things.

The "why" has to do with the people that I love.

I am blessed.

No comments: