Tuesday, August 19, 2014

New Initiatives: A Follow-Up

Last Tuesday I wrote about my being tasked to plan new initiatives for Women's Ministry at our church.

I am happy to report that our steering committee meeting was quite productive! We outlined the monthly events for September through June, and now we just need to implement our plan. We can do that!

One sad (?) thing is that we won't be doing a women's fantasy football league. It's really not so sad, now that I think about it.  That's one less thing to occupy my mind with this fall, plus I can better cheer on Lew in his own fantasy football efforts.

We are going to have an onsite retreat in February.  There is much, much planning for that ahead, but I'm already looking forward to it!  What is the theme of the retreat?  Keep reading my blog to find out.  I'm not giving any hints yet!

An unexpected, yet exciting thing that came out of our meeting was the idea for a new blog... and I am going to administer it!  It's not up and running yet, although I have set up the basics.  And by "basics" I really mean "basics."  I have a name for it, an e-mail account, and a blogspot address.  I will be working hard on it over the next week. When it is finally accessible, I will be sure to mention it here on Mainely Tracy!

No comments: