Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Planning New Initiatives

I have been tasked to plan "new initiatives for the Women's Ministry that supplement current Pockets" at our church. ("Pockets" are groups such as our house-churches.)

I will not be planning these initiatives on my own. Two friends will join me on a steering committee (I need to come up with a more jazzy name for it). The three of us will develop an overall plan/strategy/schedule and then enlist more women to help carry it out.

Our first meeting is tomorrow night, so I will spend some time tomorrow morning and afternoon formulating some rough ideas. (These ideas are currently floating around in my head; I need to get them on paper.)

We have mentioned a few things to each other already....

One fun thing we have talked about doing is having a women's fantasy football league. The guys already have one. (Lew is looking to three-peat his last-place finish.)

We also hope to have an onsite two-day retreat (a Friday night and Saturday morning/afternoon) based on a great book that all three of us have read. (More about that in a future post!)

I am looking forward to what God will do through Women's Ministry in the coming year.

Blessed!

No comments: