Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Foot of the Stairs

Lew and I have been fighting a losing battle this summer: Cat pee.

The much-loved cat Bagheera (now playing in Heaven) made his mark via pee-pee many years ago. Before we put new carpeting down, Lew and I took some steps to eliminate the odor. We were successful as far as human noses were concerned, but apparently cats are better sniffers.... If I have to smell pee, it's going to be mine! .... Or at least that's what I imagine they're thinking.

We have been blaming Kurt -- due to Lew's eyewitness account of one event -- but it really could be both cats, vying for domination.

After many attempts to win the battle, I finally gave in on Saturday. Lew ripped up the problem area of the carpet. I can't begin to express how much better it smells in our living room! And no further incidents as of yet.

Now we must decide what to do about the floor. Sheet vinyl in just that part of the room? Replace entire living room carpet with sheet vinyl? Paint the floor? Time (and dollars) will help us make a decision. But at least my nose is now happy!

 

No comments: