Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dad 214: The "Summer-Fall" Season

(Football already? At least we still have some summer left. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! A rainy day in the Northeast. Chance of flooding along coastal communities if the weather predictions come true. Just another probable heavy shower day. We'll survive. That's a fact.

I can't believe it is already Wednesday again and it is time for another Derf. Time sure does fly by. As one gets older the weeks seem shorter. They still have the same number of hours, but it doesn't quite feel the same. Growing old is not as great as one might think. Really!

Seasons are changing as Zack's football season started yesterday. His 8th-grade team has a game next Saturday. Josh starts double sessions on Monday. So we are in full football mode as Fall approaches. Could be a long season as Josh's high school team will be made up of young players. I'm sure we'll enjoy the season. Bring it on!

The past few weeks have seen me trying to thin out our lilac bushes (trees). I still have about one load of brush to thin out and haul away. This last load will be load #5. It costs to drop off brush and so far my loads have cost me $100. One more load will put me up another $20 or $30. It will depend on how well I trim the bushes. This will finish my summer yardwork with the exception of lawn mowing.

Now that my yard trimming will be completed, I'll start on rearranging the garage attic. That will take a while. I planned on starting this project in June. Better late than never, I think!

Our Illinois family had a good trip returning to the Midwest. It was a fast two weeks. Everything seems back to normal. Happy to have them visit us here in our beach area. Hope for a return trip next summer. (Sound good?)

Enough for now. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: