Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dad 216: The Gold Brick

(I don't know how my aunt can get up in the middle of the night and then drive for eleven hours. Wishing her a safe trip. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Enjoying another run of beautiful summer weather. Supposed to hit high 80s today. Also a possibility of afternoon storms. They will be scattered, according to the experts. Still haven't hit 90° in Portland this summer. All reports indicate a cooling starting tomorrow. Then it is on to September. Tourists will be gone and our life will return to normal, minus the overflow traffic. Thanks for coming and spending. A big thanks for leaving. Hope you all have a great school year.

After reading my post from last week, I find it necessary to add the following: In my basketball game I made 11 of 17 shots, not 11 of 18. Also I won a football award, the "gold brick" award. Something about doing the least in practice. I was a "gold bricker." Obviously it was given to the wrong person. An injustice. Couldn't argue with the coach as he was an all-American football player from Wheaton. His name was Nubby McGrath. He blew two fingers off while handling fireworks. Hence his name "Nubby."

Zack's eighth-grade football team won its first game, 30-16. It was away and I didn't attend, but I hope to make most of them. Josh's high school team opens on September 5th.

Sister Deb left this morning at 3:00 AM for her roundabout trek back home to Florida. She will stop in Pittsburgh today. She will go to Indianapolis on Friday. After a week in Indy, she will leave for home and be there on September 8th. Another Summer is winding down rapidly.

One last thing for today: I had my semi-annual doctor's visit this morning. I was worried about getting into trouble as I have not been careful about exercise or eating habits since my last visit. To my surprise, I had only gained four pounds. I thought it might be ten. I will get back to my fall routine shortly and try for another loss of poundage. Wish me luck!

Tune in next week for another riveting writing!

Sooo...

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: