Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Great Cat Caper

A year ago August I wrote about Jerry's New Trick in which he would get stuck between our headboard and the wall.

For many months we had a comforter stuffed up on the top so that he wouldn't be able to do his trick.

We are now using the comforter on our bed.  We thought we were safe from the trick, because Jerry is much, much, much, much, much larger than he was a year ago August.

Silly us.

This morning he was walking along the top of our headboard and decided to do a nosedive behind it.  I tried to intervene, but it all happened so fast.

I couldn't reach him at first, so I got Dad to come upstairs to help me.  Jerry eventually wiggled to a spot where I could get to him.  I had to stand on the bed and reach over the top of the headboard in order to "fish" him out.

I don't think he will do this again.

Here's a very "artsy" photo that I took during the adventure.


No comments: