Sunday, November 10, 2013

God Is With Me Everywhere

We use a program called Godly Play for our children's church. We have several volunteers involved, so I am scheduled to lead it only once every six or seven weeks.

Today was my Sunday. Lew is technically my assistant, but I have granted him special "one of us should listen to the sermon" status. That means he stays in church with the big people!

Debbie and Zack helped me out today. They are both more adept at working with the children than I am! I taught the lesson, and Zack and Debbie... well, they did everything else (games, coloring, keeping track of the kids, etc.)

The lesson was about the Israelites' exile to Babylon. And it was also about their return back to Jerusalem. That covers a lot of years! Fortunately, the main point for the children was simple: God is with us everywhere.

Thank you, God, for being with me EVERYWHERE!

No comments: