Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dad 176: A Technological Trial

(36 minutes, 41 seconds. Significance? Revealed below. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Another cold, sunny day in the Northeast. It makes me think of what is coming weatherwise. I can say I am not a great fan of winter weather. But bring it on!!

I am planning a trip to Eureka, Illinois in a couple weeks to visit family and be in attendance at performances at Eureka College. Looking forward to it. I hope to get a firsthand look at the town neighboring Eureka. The town: Washington, Illinois.

In preparation for my trip I purchased a TracFone. (Spouse will not be on the trip. I do not wish to use our cell phone as she uses it for texting. I know nothing about texting.) After purchasing the phone the next step was to activate the device.

I first looked at activation by computer. With my technology skills this seemed hopeless. So I attempted to activate TracFone by using our landline. This also ended in failure. So I called a real "human being." Suffice it to say after nearly an hour, I still had not activated my phone.

The last thing I was told follows: All necessary information would be sent directly to my new Fone from his computer. Our conversation ended and my phone still has not been activated.

It is now in Lew and Tracy's possession. Hope they get it working.

I did manage to call 911 on my new TracFone prior to activation. I was embarrassed as I told the person it was a mistake. He was very understanding. Stay tuned to see if the TracFone ever becomes activated.

One quick note about last Saturday. We said our final goodbyes to sister Jean. Jean's granddaughter Rev. Heather Henson did a superb job at the service. I sang a song with sister Deborah. I embarrassed myself as I sang 'through my tears.' We celebrated Zack's 13th birthday in the evening. A day with varying emotions.

Enough bloviating for now. I hope to improve my blog next week. Stay tuned.

Sooo.... Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

(Postscript: Tracy here. The time in my above introduction represents how long I spent on the phone myself with the TracFone people! I discovered that the serial number on the phone itself doesn't match the serial number on the packaging. Of course, the package is what gets scanned into the system at the store. The next step is for Dad and I to return to the store tomorrow to get it all straightened out. I am hopeful!)

No comments: